Hello! I am Ramya, author/creator of My Roots, My Rambles. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area with my family.
Lunch/Dinner should not be stressful. They can be simple, indulgent, elaborate but not stressful.
My philosophy towards food is that it should be fun and it should evoke a loving memory. Be in a simple dal for dinner on a busy weeknight, an indulgent dessert after a stressful week, or a showy dinner for a gathering of friends.
And that’s just what you will find in my blog. Recipes that range from simple to grand that you can make depending on your mood and occasion.
To me, eating fresh, seasonal produce is very important to a healthy, vibrant life. A life lesson passed down to me by the wonderful women in my family, mainly my mother and grandmother, that I have embraced.
What you will find on My Roots, My Rambles
- Original Recipes created by me made with fresh, seasonal produce inspired by my experiences and travel.
- Traditional recipes handed down for generations adapted to the produce found in California Bay Area (I continuously aggravate my friends by getting them to find out, tell me and show me how their favorite childhood dishes are made).
- My travel diaries under “Travels and Rambles”
All the recipes on the blog have been made, measured, refined, and eaten before I write them as a post. And they are all children tested and approved (I have two rambunctious little ones at home who are my greatest critic).
Some of my posts so that you can get an idea of the type of cooking I do;
- Paneer – Pistachio Spinach Pesto Parathas
- Garam Masala Arancini with Truffle Oil
- Rasam Powder Spiced Red Pepper and Carrot Soup
- Mango Ginger Panna Cotta
- Mint Lentil Coconut Rice
- Deconstructed Quinoa-Potato Burger, Kale Mango Salad, Peas Salsa