Green Beans and Garbanzo Stir Fry is part of my Everyday No Fuss Recipes. People often ask me when they come to dinner, “Do you make such elaborate meals every day?” “No, I don’t!” My daily meals are simple, most of the time one pot wonders. This dish, is chock full of vitamins, minerals and protein all in one. Have it with only rice or make a buttermilk stew along with it. Make it into a warm salad to have a light dinner by adding almonds or my spiced candied pecans and dollop of thick greek yogurt.
I usually buy my Garbanzo Beans dry and uncooked. I soak them overnight and pressure cook them, then cool them down and freeze them in small quantities to use within 3 weeks. I also keep canned beans for those “I don’t have time” moments too. If you are using canned, be sure to rinse them before using.
[recipe title=”Green Beans and Garbanzo Stir Fry Curry” servings=”4″ time=”15 minutes” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 3 Cups Green Beans (cut into 1” pieces)
- 1 Cup soaked and cooked/ 1 Can Garbanzo Beans Bob’s Red Mill Flour Garbanzo Bean, 16-ounces (Pack of 4)
- 1/4 Cup minced white Onion
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, crushed and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Ginger powder (use a small piece of grated fresh ginger instead too)
- 1/2 teaspoon red Chili powder (Cayenne)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vegetable oil
- 1/2 Cup fresh grated Coconut (Optional)[/recipe-ingredients] [recipe-directions]
- Heat a shallow bottomed pan on medium heat. Add one teaspoon oil to the pan and cumin seeds. You will hear the cumin seeds crackle in the hot oil.
- Saute onions and garlic till they are soft and turn a soft yellow color.
- Add ginger powder, turmeric powder, chili powder and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add the green beans and saute till the water in the beans dry up and you see a shiny coat on them.
- Now add the garbanzo beans and stir fry for 2 more minutes.
- Transfer to bowl and top with fresh grated coconut